Sunday, April 24, 2016

wake up, flawless, post up, flawless

Today was a bit of a lost cause with a lot of fun at the end of it. I woke up around eight but didn't feel like getting out of bed, so I read some more "Mistborn" until 9:30, which it was suddenly cutting it way too close to one of my only plans for the day. So I got out of bed, hurriedly showered, made some iced coffee, and called Connie and Vidya to discuss planning for one of Ritu's bridal events. We really just need to nail down the location and the rest of it will come together pretty easily, but the call was good enough.

Then I spent the rest of the morning going down an OpenTable rabbithole looking for an appropriately fancy restaurant for my semi-regular 'dinner with fancy ladies' (aka Joann and Jen). It's still almost a month out, but booking a fancy restaurant on a Saturday is a fool's errand. But I came up with a few options, and hopefully some of them are good enough - otherwise, we're going to be ordering Patxi's and eating it at my house like very not-fancy ladies (but I don't think it will come to that).

I spent the afternoon doing a variety of unimportant tasks, taking a nap, and eventually meditating (which I should have done in the morning, but c'est la vie). Then, I called my parents - none of us had anything truly momentous to discuss, although I suppose any day that I talk to my parents when they weren't sprayed by the skunk living in their garden is a good day.

After that, I did a bit more work, and then I walked down to the Marina to have dinner with Lauren (aka Subz). She was in fine form and seems to be pretty well settled into the routines of working motherhood. So we discussed all manner of things (careers (both our own and others'), life, babies, boys, etc., etc.

But now I'm falling asleep while writing this, which is always dangerous, so I need to go to bed before I start typing nonsense. Goodnight!

No comments: