Wednesday, April 20, 2016

you don't wanna ride the bus like this, never knowing who to trust like this

I'm typing this up early so that I can put all the screens away and read a book or color or something before bed (although I may just go to sleep - we'll see). Today was super hermity, initially super sloth-filled, and ultimately super-productive. The morning was kind of a mess - I woke up later than intended, and I had to stay home because I was waiting for a grocery delivery (yes, I'm so spoiled, but I'm going to take advantage of the convenience economy until all these stupid startups go broke by offering immediate delivery of lettuce). But I wrote a bit in my journal, and I meditated (I'm back on the Headspace bandwagon, although I'm only up to lesson five, so we'll see if this continues)...so that got my morning off to a better start.

However, I procrastinated some by planning my next adventure - I'm sticking around SF (mostly) until the end of May, with the exception of a quick trip to Milwaukee next weekend for a reader event. And I expect that my SF time will be mostly hermity given the book situation, but I still intend to go out and have some adventures. But starting Memorial Day weekend, shit gets real and I'll be back to my usual 'travel half the time' schedule through most of the summer. I'm planning to go to Boston for Memorial Day weekend to crash Ritu and Bill's romantic weekend at a music festival, which should be super fun. And then today, I booked an airbnb on Cape Cod for the week after that, which I shall use for fun writing times (either the final touches on Rafe's book, if I'm not done yet, or major brainstorming on the third book in the series and/or spinster honeymoon). The place I booked looks perfect for writing, and it's in the heart of Provincetown, which means I can take a ferry there from Boston and not have to rent a car, which seems ideal.

So the airbnb and the ferry tickets are booked, even though I have nothing else sorted out - I'm waiting to see whether I want to go to NYC for a week after that, and while I'm leaning toward 'hell yes', I need to do some planning before I commit. But I'm excited to get some adventures on the books - I start getting antsy when I've got no travel coming up. But after the east coast, I've got Iowa, San Diego (conference), New Orleans, and Ritu's wedding in Russian River (and the Olympics are somewhere in there), so June-August are shaping up to be hectic.

sssanyway. After I had procrastinated as much as I was able by booking trips and answering emails, I tried to buckle down...and ended up going to Jane for an hour and writing there, which helped to jumpstart everything. Then I came home, ate some leftover thai food, and ended up writing most of the evening - I'm trying to be more stern about my deadlines and daily goals, and I'd say I succeeded today, since I finished the scene I needed to write.

But I'm totally burned out on staring at the laptop, and I need to get off the couch and do something else, so I think I'll crawl into bed and read a physical book or something. Goodnight!

No comments: