Thursday, April 14, 2016

you should go and love yourself

Today wasn't as productive as I had hoped - the morning was good, but then I had errands to run in the afternoon, and I'm usually not all that great about self-motivating by the time dusk rolls around. However, it wasn't all bad. I woke up this morning later than intended, but early enough to get 2.5hrs of solid work in (not counting the 30mins I spent talking to Katie, which is always a delight).

By the time I finished that segment of work, I was starving since I hadn't eaten anything, and also dirty since I hadn't showered, and also totally off my original plan (which was to walk down to the Mission in time to have a healthy salad for lunch before my hair appointment). So I ate some smoked salmon, took a quick shower, walked to the Mission, grabbed some chai from Samovar to go, and then sat on a bench for fifteen minutes and contemplate Rafe and Octavia, since I was too early for my appointment and too late to eat lunch.

But then I got my bangs trimmed, which means I shall be stylish again. And then I went to the place where I had intended to have a salad, but since it was 2:30pm and I was super super hungry, I caved and had corned beef hash instead. The hash itself was really tasty, but the poached eggs that I ordered to go with it were awful - not runny enough inside, and gummy and gross on the outside. Bizarre. Still, the food went a long way toward fortifying me - but it also made me sleepy, which didn't help the rest of the day.

So I lyfted home, and then went to my nail salon to beg them to fix my thumbnail, which had started chipping far earlier than it should have. With that errand duly accomplished, I came home, procrastinated for a bit, and then put in another hour and a half of work. At that point I probably should have just given up and read a book - four hours in a day is actually pretty decent for this stage in the writing process, when I'm back to rough draft mode for the new scenes, and I should have cut myself some slack. Instead, I kept meaning to write, and kept procrastinating by reading about the Warriors' record + Kobe's final game, none of which I have ever cared about before, nor will I ever care about again. When I'm reading about the NBA, I know I've hit a procrastinatory nadir. But Kobe's game was quite the way to go out...but I'll say no more.

And now that I've read the entire internet, and also washed my face and brushed my teeth and done everything else I can possibly do to stave off the inevitable, I should go to bed - writing needs to happen tomorrow, obviously, and I also have lunch plans, which means my morning needs to be productive since my afternoon will probably be a wasted writing endeavor. Goodnight!

No comments: