Sunday, April 10, 2016

you're just like a dream

[new editor's note from the following morning - ignore last night's editor's 'neditorism': contrary to how the post below might appear, I wasn't actually drunk last night....but I wrote it while falling asleep on my couch after staying out until two a.m., and falling-asleep posts are always a disaster. Usually I recover in time, but this one was a total failure.

But yesterday was fun - as I said, I wrote for a couple of hours in the morning. Then, I spent many hours driving, which is prob why I was so tired - a bunch of us went to Lodi to some winery that John's dad's band was playing at, and even though it was raining, it was a beautiful excursion (except for the sheer amount of time spent in the car navigating through rain/traffic).

We got back just in time for me and John to have dinner with Ritu, Bill, Claudia, and Sam at Bask (the tapas place I went to a couple of months ago in North Beach) - the food was delicious, and I learned that baby eels are amazing. Ritu, Bill and I attempted to convince everyone that Iowa is the best state ever, but I'm not sure they appreciated our efforts. Then, John went home, and the rest of us continued on to 15 Romolo, where we had a tasty cocktail and hung out until the wee hours.

And then I came home, attempted to write the mess below, fell asleep in the middle of it, woke up and added the oh-so-helpful editor's note, fell asleep again, and finally woke up on the couch at 4am and dragged myself to bed. And now that I've filled you in, it's time to go about my day - au revoir!)]

---------> original post below

I spent far too much time outside the house today....which is a sign that my book writing urgency is ramping up, since really, taking a Saturday off shouldn't fill me with so much angst. But I'm not going to write all of that now - instead, I'll just say that I got up, bought some groceries, did a couple of hours of real work, and then spent they day we just wanted to.

However, that involved driving out to farms beyond the east bay to the .....

[editor's neditorism: I'm way too form to write anything at all, but I had a lovely time alterating between Rtu's delious seem tehara. Goodnight!

No comments: