Thursday, May 26, 2016

all that glitters

I am still not through with what I want to get through before sending the next version to my editor...but I'm close. But I'm also falling asleep over my keyboard and I have a high tendency toward typing nonsense when I'm in this state, so rather than wreck the entire book by adding/deleting things in my slumber, I'm going to sleep for a few hours and do some early morning work before sending it off.

Today was good, though - extremely hermity, but with a break at the end. I worked from home all day, and home is turning into a total wreck since I never folded the laundry I did yesterday and have been piling packages and things I need for Boston on my table and tv stand...but that's a problem for tomorrow as well. And I at least had a v. tasty smoothie for breakfast (orange, frozen pineapple chunks, spinach, a little cayenne, and some almond milk), and some additional tastiness from Sprig for lunch, so I wasn't dying even though I needed to work all day.

But I took a break tonight to have dinner with Jenni - we went to a Thai place in Japantown that I had never heard of before, but it was really tasty and pretty close to my house (and in a slightly more delightful area than my usual Lers Ros on Larkin). And we had a great time catching up on work and life - she seems to be doing well, which made me happy.

Then I came home and slept for an hour because I thought that would revive me, but no go. I did another hour of work after that, but it was like pulling teeth, so I'm going to sleep now and start fresh tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: