Friday, May 20, 2016

funky cold medina

I can't do justice to today because I am falling asleep on my couch (at 10:20pm! I am such an animal!). Also, most of it won't interest most of you. But I woke up at an okay hour and spent the morning eating a smoothie, drinking some coffee, considering the story, and failing to write very much. But I pulled myself out of my stupor and got some good writing done (especially after I ate avocado toast and scrambled eggs, which was delish), so yay.

Then I took a brief nap, showered, and wrote off and on throughout the afternoon, with a break to drop off some pants to get hemmed and pick up a couple of things at Whole Foods. By six p.m, though, I had to stop and scurry out the door - I had dinner with Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan tonight, and so I walked over to their house. This was a good outing, since I needed some fresh air, and the walk to their place is about thirty-five minutes with some hills in between.

I got there just as they were finishing feeding Finley - I hadn't seen him since November, and he has grown an astonishing amount since then and looks like a real person. He's now crawling and pulling himself up, and he has apparently gotten good enough at pulling himself up that he now stands in his crib and chews on the railing (I am hoping that he's going to stage an Alcatraz-style escape by chewing through the bars and leaving behind a baby-shaped pile of blankets, but Lauren and Nathan seem to think this is not an eminent risk).

So I hung out while they gave him a bath, and I made faces at him, and it was all generally quite lovely. After he was down, Lauren and I caught up while Nathan picked up take-out, and then the three of us at some tasty Brazilian food and talked about life and tech and work and startups and writing for a couple of hours, which was exactly what I needed (well, what I need is to finish this book, but Lauren is a pretty big draw).

Eventually I left them to their own devices and came home, and now I'm going to go to bed and get up early so I can write before tomorrow's social plans - goodnight!

No comments: