Friday, May 06, 2016

the restless heart, the promised land

I can come pretty close to guaranteeing that this post will not entertain you in any way...my day was supremely boring to outsiders, and perhaps even boring to me, although it was that necessary kind of boring that eventually produces a book. I spent the morning writing in bed, the midday eating/procrastinating, and the afternoon writing at the Grove on Fillmore - I tend to forget that that place exists, but it was the right choice for what I needed this afternoon, which was a salad and some wine and some ambient noise and the feeling that I wasn't a total hermit.

So that was all productive and good. Then I came home and totally wasted the last 3+ hours, which is too bad - I should have read a book or watched tv or something, but I kept thinking I'd write some more (clearly didn't happen). But I did spend some quality time researching train options to get from Boston to NYC in June and ended up purchasing my ticket, which was on my to-do list for today, so it wasn't a total wash.

Like I said, today was supremely uninteresting. So now I'm going to sleep and pursue a similarly uninteresting day tomorrow (although I have lunch plans, so I may be able to tell you that I saw an actual person other than the staff at a coffeeshop - exciting). Goodnight!

No comments: