Thursday, May 26, 2016

warmed by the drift

I'm blogging from my phone at SFO, in line for my flight to Boston. However, the gate agent for Cleveland is really making a hard sell on going to Cleveland (or he's extremely high, which is always possible in SF).

Today was a long, miserable slog - I got five hours of sleep, then worked without any real break until 1:30. I guess I took a shower in there, so that was exciting? I sent something to my editor then, but I need to send her some follow up notes tomorrow morning....we'll see. I think this book might actually be good? But we'll see in five weeks, which is when it comes out (lolololol sob yay).

I had to stop at 1:30 so I could get my hair cut, which was great. Then I had a lot of packing to do, and home stuff to take care of, so I did that until 8:30, when I dashed to the airport. I had enough time to have a glass of wine and a burger while working for another hour, so that was good. And now I'm looking forward to sleeping, and then taking the next three days completely off and enjoy Ritu and Bill and lots of music and wine and fun.

And now I should board the plane, and hope I don't sit next to the guy I saw walking down Guerrero today, who was very elderly and very naked except for a sock on his penis and a gym bag that may or may not have contained clothes. Thanks for the lovely farewell image, SF! Boston awaits...goodnight!

No comments: