Friday, June 24, 2016

i feel summer creeping in

I probably should have gone to bed two hours ago, since I have to get up in time to shower before a day of family activities. But today was a pretty lovely one, despite waking up to my apocalyptic brexit twitter feed. I spent the morning sleeping/hanging out, and then I showered and made coffee and ate lunch and help my mom get ready for her garden club. She cut her finger while prepping some fruit, and it's clearly a good thing that I gave up on my dreams of being a doctor when I was approximately seven, since I felt a little sick when I saw the blood. Yes, I will do horribly if we actually end up in an apocalypse.

When her garden club ladies came over, I spent an hour out on the patio doing my own work before joining them for the snack portion of the afternoon. After they all left, I worked on the patio some more. Then, we went to supper in Chariton, where we met [censored], who had [censored]. The restaurant is owned by the main Iowa grocery store chain, but it's an actual restaurant concept rather than a deli, and it was surprisingly good - I had a cheeseburger with a gluten free bun, and it was super tasty. We also ran into our old high school ag instructor, who knew [censored] better than me, but I remembered the gestation period of a pig, so I guess that was impressive.

sssanyway. Then we came home, and I spent the last four hours working - I wanted to send out some emails to potential book reviewers, and I have been playing around all afternoon with redoing my website, so we'll see if I go down that road. But now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: