Friday, June 17, 2016

i might get your song played on the radio station

I'm totally fucking out of words tonight, to the point that I have one more sentence to write to close out a scene I added and I can't come up with the words for it. Today was highly productive, but it wasn't enough to finish the book. I'm hoping to finish this weekend (although based on what happened today, where an edit turned into writing twenty new pages from scratch), I'm starting to doubt whether that's possible. But if it is, I need to make it happen so I don't have to change anything related to my release date. That means slogging incessantly for the next three days - sounds fun, right?

But for all that I'm out of words, today was pretty good. I got up around eight, messed around, drank a smoothie, and then worked pretty solidly from 9:30ish to noon. I took a break for lunch, then wrote, then took another break to shower, then wrote, and then drove down to the Mission to get my bangs trimmed. Then I bought a dress on Valencia and wrote at Ritual, which was a delightful interlude out of the house.

When I got back, I took a couple of hours off and messed around and ordered food from Sprig. But then I worked straight from eight-ish until midnight, which is why my eyes feel like they're bleeding and my back is wrecked from writing on the couch that long rather than sitting at my table.

But this is getting super boring and I have nothing else of interest to add, so I'm going to spare my typing fingers and your reading time and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: