Wednesday, June 22, 2016

we're not reaching peaks enough

I have v. little of interest to report tonight - I woke up in SF at five a.m. (although I really woke up at 3:45, then went back to sleep and had a fairly intense Nazi nightmare, and I don't know where it came from since I only dream about Nazis when I'm stressed...maybe I subsumed all the stress into the writing the last couple of weeks and my subconscious was paying me back?). Then I showered and went to the airport, driven by a v. entertaining Cuban man, and I arrived in time to grab tea and breakfast before boarding the plane to Denver.

The first flight was both uneventful and early, so I had extra time in Denver, which I put to good use eating burrata and drinking rosé in preparation for the deprivation of all yuppie-type things while I'm in Iowa. I also did some actual work, so yay. Then I flew to Iowa, where my parents picked me up. I flew in at the wrong time of day for us to have our usual meal at our usual restaurant, which led to several disgruntled family members, but when we got home my dad grilled steak and my mom made fried potatoes, so #noregrets. Then we watched some fine CBS programming, as expected.

And now, I need to go to sleep (approximately two hours after I intended to go to sleep) - I have a ton of stuff I want to do to prep to release this book next week, and I've been running on not enough sleep for several days, so I want to rectify that sooner rather than later. Goodnight!

No comments: