Monday, July 11, 2016

baby don't save me if your love isn't strong

I need to get up in a little over seven hours, so I should probably go to bed. Today was a fairly hermity day, all in the service of packing for San Diego + getting some downtime/introversion before embarking on my next adventure. So I spent the morning drinking coffee and playing with my plans for the week, as well as trying on dresses and doing laundry and figuring out what to take with me.

Then, of course, I had to do something to pamper myself, so I got a manicure and a pedicure to repair my ravaged nails so I'll fit in with the women at the conference. Then I went to the post office to mail a book to a reader, which was a faster errand than I anticipated. I grabbed coffee on the way home, and then spent more time than I intended messing around on my laptop - clearly I wasn't really in the mood to pack.

But I got all packed up, and I ate some supper, and I took out the trash and folded the rest of my laundry and have generally left my place in decent enough condition for my eventual return. And now that I've taken care of all sorts of business and cleaned up all sorts of messes, it's time to sleep and hope for a good conference - goodnight!

No comments: