Wednesday, July 27, 2016

i remember that night i just might

I'm exhausted and starting to fall asleep while typing, which doesn't bode well for the rest of this post, but we'll see what I accomplish. Today was mostly slogging - I started a bit later than I should have (9:30), since I wasn't feeling it this morning, but I worked solidly for a couple of hours and did a lot of minor-in-time but major-in-importance things that I'd been putting off, so that all made me feel good.

Then I left my neighborhood and had lunch with another writer at Mission Beach Cafe. I had meant to eat something healthy there, but I of course got the chilequiles instead - but I need to remember not to order then again, since they come with way too much tomato sauce on top of the eggs (hot tomato sauce, like upscale marinara). Still delicious, and the guacamole is great, but I was in the mood for something else. But it was nice to see that writer (we'd have lunch there once before a couple of months ago), so that was great.

Then I came home, switched supplies, and went out in search of caffeine, which I found at Peets. I sat there for a hour and wrote, and then I came home and did business stuff until 7pm because I'm so cool.

But then I had dinner with Claudia at Roam, followed by a cozy drink at the Grove, and it was all delightful. I hadn't seen her in a couple of months, so we had a lot to catch up on, but I think we accomplished it.

And now I've fallen asleep twice while writing this, so it's time to give it up and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: