Thursday, July 07, 2016

my favorite mistake

I have returned to the city of sin and the land of Karl the Fog, where I shall enjoy my own bed for six nights before jetting off to other adventures. Today was wildly uneventful - I woke up in my Iowa bed, spent some quality time upstairs talking to the parents, and then packed, ate lunch, and showered before they took me to Des Moines. The drive was smooth, and they kicked me to the airport curb just before 4pm (and by that I mean we made our sad farewells for now, although it did happen on the curb rather than in the airport).

The Des Moines to Denver flight was slightly early, and I was upgraded, so I enjoyed some wine and did some thinking about Lucy's story while in the air. When I got to Denver, I successfully got a standby seat on a flight leaving an hour earlier, so I only had to sit around for an hour and a half instead of two and a half hours. That break was well-utilized by eating a salad and drinking some more wine - so when I boarded the flight, I was done with all thinking about productivity and spent the trip reading MISTBORN instead (I'm still making my way through the third book, which I put down over a month ago because I was intent on finishing Rafe and Octavia's book before allowing myself to finish this one...so I know what I'll be doing this weekend).

And now, after a smooth lyft ride home, a shower, and some procrastination, it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: