Saturday, July 02, 2016

near, far, wherever you are

I continue to spend too much time messing around with my laptop, but today was a pretty productive day with some fun at the end of it. I spent the morning doing some work inside - I wanted to approve the print proof of my paperback, which I accomplished, so it should be available in print in the next few days. And I took a break to eat a sandwich with my mom - I bought my favorite canned tuna at Whole Foods the other day (twelve cans, to be exact), and I toasted some gluten free bread, and it was all delicious.

Then she went to do some stuff at the round barn, and my dad was off running errands, and [censored] was doing whatever [censored] does. So I went out to the back porch to work, which meant I had to scare the kittens - they hid from me for an hour after, but eventually they realized the patio is the best place to be even if I'm scary, so they rejoined me.

My afternoon was mostly consumed with writing my friends and family newsletter, which is totally different from my fan newsletter (the fan newsletter was critical to send out Wednesday so that I could drive sales; this one is more for fun). If, for some reason, you're not on the friends and family newsletter and would like to be, you can sign up here - it's mostly full of jokes and only happens when I have a new release (and sometimes not even then - I think I hadn't sent this one out since Prudence's book, which was ages and ages ago).

sssanyway. I got all the jokes sent out just in time, and then I showered and said a rapid farewell to the family and absconded with my mom's car so I could go to Centerville and have dinner with Hannah. We were in the same class in school, and we were (er, are) also cousins of some kind (third? fourth?). She's the naturalist at a park near our hometown, but I don't always see her when I come home since sometimes my trips are more limited in nature. But it was great to see her tonight - we had dinner at the Mexican restaurant in town (verdict: tasty but not as tasty as where [censored] took me on Tuesday), and then we went to her place and hung out with her husband on their back patio. He also went to high school with us, although he was older, so I didn't know him as well when we were in school - but they started dating then and are still together, so it was good to see him and catch up.

So we had a generally delightful time until it got dark, and I decided to drive home before I got sleepy. Once I got here, I talked to my mom and watched tv until too late, and then I spent the last hour and a half messing around with ads stuff when I should have been sleeping. I'm going to rectify that mistake immediately - goodnight!

No comments: