Monday, July 25, 2016

robot heart

So much to do, so little time...and only three more days in San Francisco before I go off on another adventure. Today was lovely for the most part, though - I woke up, showered, drank a smoothie and did some business admin type stuff, and then grabbed my notebook and went out in search of errands and coffee. The errand was to buy shaving gel and coffee filters (which do not go together); the coffee was going to be at Starbucks, but they were out of cold brew iced coffee, so I went across the street to Peets instead.

Once I had my caffeine fix in hand, I spent an hour or two at the coffee shop scribbling in my notebook...and I may have come up with a killer idea for Lucy's story that will lend itself naturally to a new series after that. I still need to contemplate it and play around with what this would do to Lucy's development, since it's wildly different from what I had intended to do with her - but it may be better, so we'll see.

But eventually I was getting hungry, so I came home and used my coffee filters to filter the cold brew coffee that I'm attempting to make for myself (but I didn't have any of it today, so I'll get the initial verdict tomorrow). I also made a salad, which was tasty. And then I did a bit of work, and then I called my parents earlier than usual - and since I called them earlier than usual, we seemed to expand to fill two hours instead of one, but #noregrets.

As soon as I was off the phone with them, I went over to see Adit and Priyanka. This turned into a bit of a kerfuffle, since Vidya called me up and drunkenly requested that I have a 5:30pm dinner with her and Claudia, which I refused on the principle of already being at Adit and Priyanka's and not wanting to ditch them after ten minutes. I hadn't seen Priyanka in forever (checking the blog when I got home would indicate that I haven't seen her since March, which is crazy); I've seen Adit more recently than that, but it's always good to see him. So we talked about weddings and other fun shenanigans, and I ate some of their cheese and some of their brussels sprouts while watching them feed Vihaan, who was extremely cranky (likely because he's getting his first cold ever, which would make me cranky too).

Then I came home, and I talked to Ritu for almost an hour (weddings and other fun shenanigans - she continues to be the master of disaster). I also talked briefly to Katie, which is always a delight. And then I ate some leftover pasta, poured a glass of wine, and worked on website stuff for the past three hours (which probably requires ten hours, but whatever).

And now, I need to sleep - I have grand plans to learn everything I've ever needed to know about marketing tomorrow, which I doubt will actually happen, but I'm going to make a valiant attempt. Goodnight!

No comments: