Sunday, July 03, 2016

send my love to your new lover

You can probably guess that I meant to go to bed three hours ago and instead fell into a computer black hole - this time, one involving photoshop and an attempt to see if I could fix the issues I have with the cover for Lucy's book myself rather than contacting my cover artist (who I used a year and a half ago for this cover, so it's a little late to be asking for changes, although I certainly could). The verdict is that my own skills might be good enough for this particular task, but I need to take another look in the morning (and probably take a class on Photoshop, since I'm sure there was a better way to do what I just did than the janky trial-and-error method I used).

But today was good, all in all. I slept until ten since last night was even later than tonight, and then I messed around the house and hung out and ate lunch before going to the round barn with my mom. She was supposed to sit there this afternoon (they have volunteers sit there on weekend afternoons during the summer months to give tours), and I had said earlier in the week that I would go with her...back when I thought that it would be sunny and beautiful and I could talk to my mom and read a book at a picnic table all afternoon. Instead, it was rainy and cold, and I spent the afternoon dusting and sweeping up flies in the house on the property while my mom vacuumed and cleaned, since they're in the middle of doing a big clean-up to get the property ready for an event next weekend. Yes, this felt like a bait and switch of my original plans. However, I'm glad I was able to help, and there are worse ways to spend an afternoon.

Then we came home, and I promptly opened a bottle of wine to recover from the trauma of cleaning. I relaxed until dinner (brats, cheesy potatoes, baked beans - a veritable feast!), and then I did some desultory work (looking at cover art for future covers, playing with ads, messing around in my journal, etc.) while watching two episodes of 48 Hours: Mystery. I came downstairs around 10:30 and planned to go to bed...but then I pulled out my second laptop (the one with photoshop) and decided to test one thing, and now it's three hours later.

So now I must go to bed - we've got some family stuff tomorrow, and I want to relax, but we'll see if I allow myself to. Goodnight!

No comments: