Sunday, July 03, 2016

two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

I've got nothing of interest that I can report tonight - it was your typical day in the land of corn. I woke up late because I stayed up until two a.m., but I strolled upstairs in search of coffee just in time to horn in on my parents' breakfast, which meant I had bacon and an egg to start myself off right. Then I showered in time to get clean before my sister and niece and nephew showed up - I'd seen Jackie a few days ago, but I hadn't seen any of the rest of them, so they came over and hung out for awhile.

Then they left, and my mom and [censored] and I hung out and talked about [censored]. Eventually, my dad returned from his errands, and eventually he and I went into town to see Gram (he goes every Sunday to take care of her, and I took the opportunity to see her again even though she didn't remember hanging out with us all day last weekend and won't remember that I saw her today). When we got home, we had supper (cheeseburgers and the best french fries, with some salad to make it all look slightly more healthy), and then [censored] went to [censored] and I watched some fine CBS programming (Madam Secretary and Elementary).

But I finally stopped watching TV and went into the kitchen and sat at the bar to get some work done - and just as I was opening my notebook to scribble notes, [censored] showed up from [censored], and we talked about [censored] and [censored] and [*censored*] until well after midnight, when he [censored]. And then I did a bit of work, but I should probably go to bed (or at least stop looking at screens) - goodnight!

1 comment:

deeps said...

liked the title :)