Wednesday, August 17, 2016

all we need is somebody to lean on

I just stayed up way too late considering how tired I am - I was watching old gymanstics replays and working on my website and somehow the night got away from me. But today was good, although I still have a lot of recovering to do - I laid in bed until 9:30 and probably could have stayed there for another couple of hours, but I had to get up and go to Palo Alto.

My task there was lunch with Alyssa (remember her?) - my old trainer, whom I hadn't seen in approximately nine months. It was great to see her and catch up, and we had lunch at Joanie's, which I always enjoy. Then she showed me her new gym space - they recently took over the building that used to house my favorite stationery story on California Ave (Village Stationers), which is great for them and sad for paper-lovers. But the space looks great, and I said hi to Chris, who owns the business, so it was great to catch up with them.

Then I said farewell (with a promise to get together again soon) and drove to San Bruno, where I had a writing date with Barbara and Deborah. I got basically nothing done, since I'm still too tired to feel creative, but I ran my plot ideas by them and they were in favor, so at least there's that. Then I came home and took a nap, which helped.

So I was going to watch Olympics and work on my website all night, but at 6:45 I got an impromptu call from Chandlord - she and Ronak came over so he could see my place, and then we all ended up seeing 'Florence Foster Jenkins' starring Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant. I thought the movie was cute - not the best movie ever, but the performances were great and I liked the premise.

Then I came home and watched more gymnastics (I'm caught up on everything except floor, but that result was inadvertently spoiled for me), and now I need to sleep - I want to clean up my place tomorrow and organize some tings, and also rest up and grocery shop, etc., so that I can start being productive again. Goodnight!

No comments: