Wednesday, August 10, 2016

i've gotta stay high all the time to keep you off my mind

Today was a long, mildly frustrating/unproductive day - mostly because I didn't sleep enough last night, and my routine this morning was thrown off because Bill (Ritu's fiance) stayed with me last night, which made for a much different morning than I am accustomed to having. But I got up, showered, made an omelette (and made another one for him), and took care of some tings before leaving around 10:45 to go to the east bay to get my brows waxed. It's entirely unnecessary for me to go that far, but I love my brow person and haven't had time to consider finding a new one, and I desperately needed to get groomed before the wedding.

So I saw the brow lady (lovely and entertaining and very good at her job), and then I went to Anthropologie to see if anything struck my fancy for the wedding and ended up shopping for an hour (I found two dresses and a sweater, but perhaps none of them are suited for the wedding - oops). Then I came home and found that Bill was still here - he had left when I left and was supposed to be doing other stuff today, but his plans changed and he came back to my place to work, and he was here until five. That severely curtailed my traditional naptime, let me tell ya. But I ate some leftover pasta (and didn't share), and I watched a bit of Olympics (although I wasn't able to watch the replay of the women's gymnastics yet, and while I'd assiduously avoided spoilers, I accidentally got spoiled when I opened Snapchat and saw a promoted/featured story - ugh).

Eventually, Bill left, and then I got ready and strolled down to Japantown, where I met up with Jen Lui for dinner. We tried out a new restaurant for both of us (An Japanese, which is tucked away on the second floor of a mall that I never go into), and it was really delicious - we each got the 12-pc nigiri omakase, which meant the chef chose what to give us. The initial appetizer before that was perhaps the best thing we had (a white fish with lemon mashed potatoes, which I've never had at a Japanese restaurant, was to die for), and I traded my uni (sea urchin) for Jen's clam, but other than that it was really tasty. It was the first time I'd had Japanese food since my encounter with food poisoning at the end of April, and it went pretty well - it's still not something I'd necessarily crave at the moment, but I'm glad I can get back on the (sushi) boat.

After we caught up over fish, we wandered around the mall and made a stop at Maido (my favorite stationery store), and also browsed through a bookstore until they closed. Then Jen returned to the glorious south bay and I took a lyft home, where I promptly settled in and watched all of tonight's primetime coverage. I wasn't impressed by the coverage tonight (too much sitting around waiting for swimming), but I was impressed with the results.

But now I need to sleep so I can do a million things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: