Thursday, September 01, 2016

now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar

I didn't do enough today. Full stop. I mean, I did laundry, and I scribbled in my notebook about Lucy and the amazeballs idea that Heather and I came up with yesterday (I think I'm going for it), but I should have done a lot of work and I really didn't do all that much. It's time to buckle down...but I only have tomorrow to buckle down before I go to Denver.

But the afternoon was busy - I had to get my bangs trimmed, so that took some time since I had to drive to the Mission and back. Then I went to Peets and drank coffee and wrote (pretty successfully). Then I got a massage, which I'd booked while I was in Tahoe - I've been having quite a bit of neck/shoulder/jaw pain, so I found a massage therapist who specializes in such issues, and I think it was totally worth it. She worked on me for ninety minutes, and I feel better than I did when I walked in, so I have no regrets about taking the time to go.

Then I came home, messed around online, showered, made myself look pretty, and went back to the Mission to have drinks with Sheila at ABV (one of my favorite bars in the city). This turned out to be one drink (I had my usual Jackel) and a snack (I had salami and some cauliflower in deference to my gluten issues + my other sensitivities), and we spent a glorious hour and a half recapping the Olympics and talking about a variety of ridiculous topics.

I walked her back to her apartment when we were done, and then she waited outside with me while I called a lyft. I went to Chandlord's after to say hi to her, but I beat Chandlord there, so I grabbed some green tea at Another Cafe (which I haven't been to in at least six months) until she got home. We chatted for an hour, and she was theoretically going to give me wine while she cleaned her place, but neither of those things happened (which was fine with me - I didn't want anything else to drink, and I don't have to live in her place, so cleaning doesn't matter to me). She also let me hug her with minimal fuss at the end, so I would consider the visit a success!

Then I lyfted home even though the distance is short because I didn't want to get stabbed. And now I need to sleep - I have to do all the things tomorrow, including a trip to the DMV and a writing date and packing and putting things away, etc. Goodnight!

No comments: