Thursday, September 08, 2016

best laid plans

Today was entirely too sloth-filled, despite some attempts at productivity. I woke up at nine, since I was clearly wiped out from my trip, and I spent the morning powering through some of my to-do list (thanks to some techno music, which always helps). But then I had to take a break even though I was on a roll - I had lunch plans with Gyre, so I had to shower and take a lyft to his office (which is Lyft, so it's good that I'm a loyal Lyft user so that he'll still talk to me).

Gyre and I had a lot to catch up on, so we spent an hour and a half on lunch - and I'm v. grateful, since he's become a v. important person. After we were done, I took a lyft home, where I intended to be super productive - but instead, I was mostly not productive. However, I did clean my kitchen and make mayonnaise, and I ate a snack and dinner, and then I spent a couple of hours messing around with my planner (prime procrastination masquerading as productivity), and another hour answering email. So I guess that wasn't all bad...but I need to get serious about Lucy's book, and today didn't cut it.

However, tomorrow is another day, and I've set up my internet blocks for the morning, and I have a writing date with Anne and Barbara in the afternoon, so there is hope. But that hope won't be realized unless I get some sleep - so goodnight!

No comments: