Sunday, September 25, 2016

i traveled the world and the seven seas

Today was a slow, lazy Sunday, with an adrenaline spike in the middle of the afternoon that left me drained for the rest of it. Thanks to last night's adventure with bourbon and nostalgia ('bourbon and nostalgia' is usually the best way to describe these occasional nights with Adit and Vidya), I stayed in bed until noon, which was not my original plan for the day, but c'est la vie.

Eventually, I dragged myself out of bed, took a shower, made some iced coffee, and settled in with my laptop to get some work done. But I got an email from a reader, which I almost didn't read right away because I assumed it was a standard fan note (either praise or disdain). Luckily, I opened it - and discovered that when I did all that work last week to reformat all of my existing books, redo all the links, etc., etc., I had a made a single, rather serious mistake. Somehow, when I replaced the second book on iBooks, I accidentally uploaded the interior file for the fourth book instead. That means that whoever bought the second book on iBooks this weekend opened it up and got Prudence's story instead of Amelia's.

Boooooo. Needless to say, I was pretty appalled. These things happen; I've heard of author friends with traditional Big 5 publishers whose releases were totally screwed up because the wrong file was uploaded, or was missing chapters, or was formatted so badly as to be unreadable. But I don't like making mistakes.

Luckily, it appears this was the only mistake I made. Also, <50 affected="" afternoon="" an="" and="" annoyed.="" but="" can="" contacting="" directly="" file="" get="" got="" have="" hours="" i="" it="" no="" now.="" of="" p="" people="" processed="" really="" right="" so="" still="" the="" them="" think="" this="" three="" updated="" uploaded="" was="" way="" were="" whoever="" within="" wrong="">
So that took a lot of time that I'd intended to spend writing. Then I put on sunscreen, sat on my terrace (it was a gorgeous day today and I wanted to soak up some sun), and called my parents. I'll be seeing them on Tuesday (!), but we had our usual catch-up anyway. Then I came inside, cooked some bacon and chicken and boiled a couple of eggs, and made a cobb salad for tonight + enough for another one tomorrow.

The rest of the night was fairly slothful, although I wrote a bunch of emails and took care of some other tasks. And now I need to sleep so I can get through my massive to-do list before leaving for Iowa - goodnight!

No comments: