Thursday, September 29, 2016

you know i could stay here all night

All in all, it was a quiet day in Iowa, but I'm still waaaay ready for bed. I spent the morning procrastinating, although I ate some tasty potatoes and bacon and eggs while talking to my mom. Eventually, I posted up outside to get some sun while I wrote - it was a lovely day, but too cold to work on my usual spot on the back porch since it's shaded and the wind was blowing straight onto it. So I dragged two lawn chairs out to the front lawn and sat there instead, and was quite comfy with my feet up and my tea mug to keep me and my laptop company.

But I took a break when my mom took a break from gardening, and then I mostly didn't work the rest of the afternoon. We had a fine supper of the last sweet corn of the season (my parents literally bought the last twenty ears from the main sweet corn supplier in central Iowa - the supplier has roadside stands throughout the area, but by this point in the season they were only selling from their main location in Grimes, and my parents went there before picking me up from the airport. And the woman who sold them their corn said it was the very last ears of the year, and they closed up shop when my parents were done transacting the business), along with cheeseburgers, and it was all delightful.

Then I watched some fine CBS programming, and then I relocated to the kitchen, where I drank tea and sat at the bar and wrote for another couple of hours. And now I'm going to sleep - I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a cold, which is v. unwelcome, and I'm hoping some sleep will stave it off. Goodnight!

No comments: