Thursday, October 20, 2016

arrival to an empty room

Today was full of writing and errands and despairing about the writing, and now I'm longing for my bed. I got up later than I wanted (but also earlier than I wanted, since I didn't go to bed until 1am last night), and had to scurry quickly so that I could walk down to Union Street to see my aesthetician. After that, I went to Caffe Union, where I had the bar to myself, so I was able to enjoy my poached eggs and salmon and hollandaise while talking to Tony -- apparently he had begun to wonder where I was, so it's good that I went in while I had the chance.

After that, I stayed on Union Street - I went to the Illy coffee place and spent too much time on twitter, but then I managed to get some decent writing done. Then I walked home (with a stop at Lululemon to buy a sports bra, and a stop at Blick to buy more colored pencils than are strictly necessary, but I'm saying it's vital to my process).

When I got home, I was really not in it to win it, so I messed around online and took a nap. But then I rallied and put some chicken and sweet potatoes in the oven; while that was cooking, I cleaned up the kitchen and also packaged some stuff to take to Tahoe on Friday (we all travel with our own idiosyncratic needs, since each writer has those things that she thinks are vital to getting work done - in my case, it's an oversized mug, a couple of flavors of tea bags, coffee so I can make cold brew, and some pre-measured spices so I can make chicken tortilla soup for the group without having to buy jars of spices in Tahoe).

In case you couldn't tell from that timeline, I didn't watch the debate; I wasn't in the mood to have my mood further ruined, and I wanted to get some more work done tonight. Happily, I did manage to write another few pages after I ate, so that's good.

And now, I'm desperate for sleep and eager to get stuff done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: