Tuesday, October 04, 2016

born in the usa

I'm still not feeling great, but I'm feeling maybe slightly better than yesterday, so signs are pointing toward my eventual recovery. I spent most of the afternoon talking to my mom, which was lovely - it was too windy for her to work in the garden, and I will be spending the next month writing frantically, so I might as well enjoy my time here, right?

But I did do a little work this afternoon, and I also took a nap, so that was all good. Then we ate supper - cheeseburgers and homemade french fries (fried in beef tallow) made for a delightful dinner. After that, I debated opening a bottle of wine (see: debate), and I was v. v. tempted - but I decided that wine probably wasn't the best chaser for all the sudafed I've been taking, so I made tea instead.

The debate was mildly frustrating, but I didn't need wine to get through it, so I guess that's good. Again, I shall refrain from political discourse, other than to say that I suspect that if the Republicans had picked almost anyone other than Trump (except for the Zodiac Killer), they likely would have won. There's still a lot of time to go before the election, and I want to spend as little of it online as possible - I've got a book to write, and life's too short to be this angry about things.

And now, I'm going to prepare myself for another night of attempting to sleep while coughing - goodnight!

No comments: