Sunday, October 02, 2016

forget regret or life is yours to miss

Still sick, so nothing to report. I barely slept last night because I was up until after 1:30 (staying up late talking to [censored] was good for familial relations, but possibly not good for either of our sleep schedules) and then had several hour-long coughing fits, which made sleep rather tricky. But I rolled out of bed by nine because staying in bed only made my lungs unhappy, and I spent the day attempting to be a participating member of the family even if I didn't feel like being a productive one.

As we were eating breakfast, Aunt Becky arrived - she'd come down to see Gram, and then she came out to visit us. It was great to see her, as usual, and we all had a nice visit, even if there are conversational landmines sitting around waiting to be stepped on. After she left, I went outside and attempted to get some work done, but my fatigue wasn't feeling it, so I was going to take a nap - but then my mom took a break from gardening, and so we sat on the porch and talked about the state of the nation instead. My dad showed up at some point, and we talked as well, and it was almost like my usual Sunday afternoon phone calls, except we did it in person and no one could be secretly watching tv or reading the internet while pretending to pay attention to the phone call (not that that ever happens, of course).

Then [censored] left to go back to [censored], and I tried and mostly failed to take a nap. My parents and I ate supper shortly thereafter (leftover awesomeness from last night + fried potatoes and green beans, which are always delish), and then I watched three hours of fine CBS programming - NCIS:LA, Madam Secretary, and Elementary. Those are three of my favorite CBS shows, so all in all, it wasn't a bad way to spend my miserable coughing evening.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: