Saturday, October 15, 2016

i was too strong, you were trembling

Today was fantastic, despite the rain. I woke up, showered, ate some eggs, took care of some business-y things, and then ran out the door to drive west, and west some more, until I came to the end of the city (and the continent) and reached the Legion of Honor. Okay, it's not quite on the ocean, but it's close. My friend Veronica and I met there for another writing/museum date, and it was just as fabulous as the one we had at the de Young a few weeks ago. My membership gets two people in for free to either de Young or Legion of Honor whenever I want, and this is turning out to be an excellent writing date strategy.

I vaguely prefer the cafe at the de Young...but Legion of Honor has all the old European art, which is my jam. Also, the sandwich I had there (warm chicken, brie, and pears on gluten free bread) was one of the most delicious things I've had in forever. And, best of all, I had some entertaining convos with Veronica, and saw some art, and wrote ten pages (including some lines with some guy named Titus, who just kinda showed up and stole the show), so that was pretty awesome.

We parted ways around three, and I came home, took care of some tings, and then got a mani/pedi. I haven't had a mani/pedi since August, so my hands and feet were feeling pretty gnarly, but the good ladies at Silk cleaned them up for me (and my manicurist told me a v. entertaining story about the only time she ever got drunk and how she thought she was going to die; she asked me how many times I've gotten drunk, and I was so taken aback that I only said 'more than once').

Then, I was planning to have a low-key night at home (mostly because I was so sick this last week that I didn't make any new plans; the only things on the docket for this weekend are things I've been planning for awhile). But Claudia texted me while I was getting my nails done, so she ended up coming over (and bringing an awesome bottle of wine), and I fed her the bolognese sauce I made last night (it was incredibly delicious today - definitely something that benefits from sitting and melding for awhile). We had a lot to catch up on, since we've both been traveling and I haven't seen her since my birthday.

So we had a v. lowkey catchup and drank the bottle of wine and sat around until almost 11:30. And then I was going to go to bed immediately, but instead I wasted time online - which I'm way too prone to do anyway, but it feels even stupider at one in the morning. So now I need to sleep so that I can write before pursuing my social plans tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: