Sunday, October 16, 2016

lay a whisper on my pillow

I'm in an undisclosed location - and by that I mean I'm in Heather's guest room in San Jose, thanks to a sleepover that we arranged months ago. I haven't had a sleepover with her in over two years, I think, and it's been way too long. I got here a little before six, and we talked and talked and gossiped, and Salim made us dinner (apparently steak and baked potatoes served at home makes me instinctively feel like we have to say grace, since that meal is so Midwestern). Then we talked a lot more, and finished the first bottle of wine and opened a second, and we watched a bunch of tv (the end of Pretty Woman, most of Divergent (and I spoiled the end of the series for heather, since she saw the most recent movie and thought it was the end, which doesn't bode well for how they split up the third book into two movies), and all of SNL (the first time I've watched it all live in more than a decade, I think). I also had a v close encounter with their dog (Peaches, a five year old bulldog), and we told a lot of stories, and it was delightful.

The rest of my day was good as well - I woke up too late bc I went to bed at 1:30 last night (which I'm about to do again), and so I didn't get much done before leaving the house. I went to Cupertino at 1:15 and met Walter and Carson and their baby for lunch l, and we spent a couple of hours having a grand old time. Then I wrote at a coffee shop for an hour, and got four pages, which was better than might have been expected with my socializing.

And now I desperately need to sleep - I have plans all day tomorrow, and they're all looking slightly or wildly unlikely given my current state of exhaustion + distance from the city + my need to write + the rain, but we'll see. Goodnight!

No comments: