Monday, October 10, 2016

the island of deceased ships

I'm finally getting back into the grind, although I'm still not 100% healthwise - but if I waited to write until I felt totally perfect, I would probably never finish another book. I spent the morning at Philz, where I wrote and drank coffee; then I came home and ate some leftover thai (I had wanted pho to promote continued healing of my body, but after walking through some horrific blocks of Tenderloin madness, I discovered that Mangosteen was closed for Columbus Day - so if I had been stabbed, it would have been for naught). Then I slept for an hour, which was v. necessary.

But then I forced myself off the couch, took a shower, and wrote some more in the afternoon/evening. All in, I got twelve pages, which is the best I've done in forever, so I'm pleased with that. And then I spent the evening watching Project Runway and taking care of administrative tasks - so all in all, it was a pretty good day.

However, I'm still mildly sick and majorly sleepy, so it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: