Sunday, October 09, 2016

wanna put my tender heart in a blender

Today started off rather delightfully, mostly because I slept through the night without waking up to cough for an hour in the middle of it. So, I took the opportunity to indulge by sleeping for nine hours, which I probably really needed. Then I got up, messed around online, took a shower, and made breakfast (sweet potato hash, which I'd frozen v. thoughtfully for myself a month ago, and two fried eggs) before walking down to Hayes Valley to meet up with Katrina.

We had a 'writing date' at Arlequin, which meant we caught up for a couple of hours about a variety of topics, and I simultaneously missed my old job and realized that I need to write so I never have to work for a corporation again. Then, we actually did write, and I got a few pages, so I was v. pleased with that.

Then I walked home and sat on my patio for an hour and basked in the sunshine while talking to my parents. And then I drank half a bottle of wine and watched the debate, which I did with my shirt pulled over my face for much of it, which is a very Terry-like move (she would watch with her eyes covered whenever something was awkward) - I wonder what it would have been like watching with her. But I prefer my debate watching to happen in silence, alone, while writhing in discomfort over where everything is headed and how fucked we are with our current media and our current political system.

But at least I blogged - I told my dad that if I didn't blog tonight, it was because I was sad, not dead, and so not to assume the worst, but I recovered enough to type this. And now I'm going to get offline and scribble in my notebook or watch tv or daydream about the apocalypse - goodnight!

No comments: