Wednesday, December 14, 2016

i'll do anything you ever dreamed to be complete

Okay, I'm beyond tired (beyond beyond) - today was pretty brutal, especially since I only got ~4hrs of sleep last night. When I woke up, I was full of panic and adrenaline over everything I had to do - so I took a quick shower, made some coffee, and immediately started packing. And I basically packed for four hours straight. The movers showed up at 9:30, and the lead guy was the same guy who moved me last time, which was great since I really liked him. He was having PTSD flashbacks to the three flights of stairs at the old place, and was v. v. relieved when I told him he wouldn't have to take apart my patio table (which had clearly traumatized him - the blinds were closed and you never could guess that there's a terrace there, but he asked me of his own volition whether the patio table needed to be taken apart, which is an amazing or traumatic memory to survive for almost two years).

So. When they showed up I was nowhere close to done, although I was closer than I had been when I stumbled out of bed. So I kept packing while they moved things out, and kept handing them boxes. I got farther than I thought I would, but I'll still have to take a few things over myself- but that's better than it could have been.

When they were done here, I scarfed down two slices of leftover pizza (I hadn't had breakfast and was about to faint) and met them at my storage unit. They loaded it like the pros they are, and it was v. impressive (and fast). I also talked to the storage unit manager, whom I'd befriended on Friday, and gave him a copy of one of my books, and he took a selfie with me. Lol.

After that, I came home and took a v. brief (way too brief) nap, loaded my car with stuff for Goodwill, and drove down to San Bruno. Grace was coming down for an appointment, and we never see her on our writing dates, so I really wanted to see her before I leave. Anne and Barbara were there as well, and I basically kept them all from getting any work done during the last hour of their writing date (#worthit).

Then, I dropped stuff off at Goodwill, and then I met the Shedletskys in San Mateo for dinner. We went to Kingfish, where fish was v. likely the right thing to order (my salmon was perfect and exactly what I needed after living off takeout for the last few days). They were in fine form, and we discussed all the trips we'd like to take, and how it would be great to meet up with each other someplace next year, and they may have invited themselves to my family reunion in Texas (they are in for a surprise if they actually show up). We also discussed Spinster Honeymoon, and I clearly need to write this thing asap since I've talked it up to everyone now.

Then I drove home, spent an hour researching things I need to buy asap (like tire chains for my impending disaster of a drive, and drywall anchors to reinstall the closet organizer that I uninstalled when I moved in here), and spent another hour planning parties and also canceling things. And now I desperately need to sleep, and hope that I'll get nine hours to start making up for my deficit (not going to happen). Goodnight!

No comments: