Wednesday, December 28, 2016

it's so cold out here in your wilderness

My contacts are starting to stick to my eyeballs, so I suppose I should go to bed. But today was good, all in all - I slept in, then spent the late morning/early afternoon taking care of business and evaluating my life decisions (that sounds more dramatic than it was).

But eventually I left the house and drove to the next town over to a) buy some stuff at Walmart so that I can organize the massive amount of stuff that I brought here and need to cram into my bedroom, and b) have dinner with my friend Hannah. She's also my cousin, if that matters, although distant enough that we didn't attend the same family reunions. We went to George and Nick's (which my parents call the Greeks), where I had a steak and she had a tenderloin, and we caught up on all sorts of life events. I also got her feelings on Harambe, which was interesting since she is a zookeeper by training (although she now works as a naturalist at a nearby park/resort).

Harambe was perhaps not the most interesting thing we discussed, but since you don't know any of the people or events that we *did* discuss, that's all I'll share. We hung out for about three hours, and then I drove home (and managed not to hit any of the ten or so deer I saw along the way) and spent the last hour lost in a rabbit hole of online shopping (I'm trying to figure out whether I need any new clothes for Bali, and if so, what those clothes might be). But now I should sleep and not buy anything until I start sorting through my clothes tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: