Wednesday, December 28, 2016

i've touched this place before somewhere in another time

Maybe my toe isn't broken...it hurts in odd ways depending on how (and how long) I've been standing, and it aches a bit, but it's nowhere near as bad as the last time I broke it. This is a huge relief, since I wasn't looking forward to navigating multiple airports and new cities with a broken toe.

To celebrate, I spent the day taking care of business...I answered a bunch of email that I've been neglecting (but not all of it), dealt with some financial/residency business (but not all of it), and generally tried to be productive. But I took a break for supper and continued to break for the rest of the evening - we had leftovers, which were still yummy, and I drank some Decoy pinot noir that I'd brought back with me, mostly because my dad had given me a wineglass that said 'Shit's about to get fancy' and I wanted to use it (and instagram it, because that's how I roll).

We also played two rounds of 'Ticket to Ride', since we're apparently total fucking addicts; I won the first round and my mom won the second, so that was fun. We're so addicted that we skipped the Kennedy Center Honors for the first time that I can remember, but hopefully we'll watch it another night. And now I must sleep so I can continue the productivity tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: