Saturday, December 17, 2016

now my mascara running, red lipstick smudged

tl;dr: San Francisco, I wish I knew how to quit you.

Surprisingly I wasn't hungover this morning, despite my attempt to drink all the bubbles at Nectar last night... But today still didn't go smoothly. In fact, it went so not smoothly that instead of writing this in Reno after a leisurely drive, I'm writing on my phone in San Francisco. It took sooooo much longer than planned to get everything to my storage unit and then to load my car for my trip - each thing that I had to take to my car took at least six minutes because it takes forever to call the elevator, go down eighteen or so flights, walk to the car, and then reverse the process.

So basically I spent all day going up and down the elevator. I also had some pizza and also saw Vidya, who came over on official Chandlord business this afternoon. And I was all loaded up and literally halfway out of the garage at 8:30pm when I realized I was far too tired to have any real shot at successfully making it to Reno (especially since the hardest part of the drive is the last hour). So I made two more elevator trips to bring my suitcase and cooler and comforter back upstairs, and I'm going to sleep right now and aim to be on the road by seven so I can still make salt lake tomorrow. And hopefully tomorrow will be smoother - goodnight!

No comments: