Monday, December 12, 2016

you got an ache in your mind and that's a bad way to start

I think accomplishing the rest of my packing tomorrow is *theoretically* possible - but when I put time estimates against everything I have to do tomorrow, I hit sixteen hours, which seems a tad unrealistic. However, I added some breaks in there, and a shower (how luxe!), so maybe it's doable. We shall see, we shall see.

So today was mostly spent in drudgery. I got up around eight and packed until ten, when Chandlord came over (in her official capacity as my landlord, not her ceremonial capacity as my friend) and we showed the place to someone who may rent it. I hope that works out, since it would make my life a lot easier (in that she wants some of my furniture)...but I hope she tells us at some point tonight, because I need to know. She was super nice, and it was all good - but as soon as they all left, I started packing again in earnest.

I'd been putting off the box-buying trip (you can tell I'm behind if I didn't buy boxes until today...but in my defense I had plastic stuff from Container Store, and spent time doing the main paper stuff first), but I finally ventured out for boxes, which was the usual shitshow - the first Uhaul store was somehow out (even though I'd ordered online for pickup), so I had to go to another one, which looked even sketchier than the first one. But I procured my boxes and my car wasn't broken into in the five minutes I was inside, so I take that as a win. Then I came home, talked to my parents, and canceled dinner with Vidya and Claudia - I wanted to see them, but I'm running out of time.

So instead of having fun, I packed from five until midnight, with a break to rant about Instacart (whom I've grown to despise over the past six months; I thought that there was no way they could screw up five items from Target even though they usually screw up something with my groceries, but instead they screwed up two of the five - they replaced my quart ziplocs with sandwich bags, and replaced my 68 gallon ziplocs with 15 2.5gal ziplocs. Stupid). And now I really need to sleep if I'm going to get through tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: