Thursday, January 05, 2017

and if you close your eyes

I didn't get nearly enough done today - I stayed up too late last night, and it was snowy and beautiful but also ridiculously cold this morning, so I kept procrastinating on my main errand of the day (the grocery store, which required brushing snow off my car before I could leave - how barbaric). And I spent the evening making chicken tortilla soup - I hadn't cooked anything more involved than omelettes and grilled ham and cheese sandwiches since coming home, so it was good to play chef again before my travels take me someplace where I likely won't cook very much.

I also accomplished the other main thing on my list, which was to watch 'Life in Pieces' (which is great), and to also enjoy some other fine CBS programming - I'm particularly liking 'The Great Indoors', even though I didn't expect to like a show that makes fun of millennials so much. And I did my language lessons - I'm learning Italian with Duolingo, mostly so that I can competently order lattes and wine in Venice in a couple of months (which I could probably figure out, since I already know 'vino' and 'latte'). The app is pretty slick, though...so slick that I'm doing the Italian lessons, but I'm also brushing up on my Spanish simultaneously, which may be a silly move. It's fun, though, and certainly a better-spent fifteen minutes of my day than a sudoku game...

But even though I'm tempted to stay up and do stuff, that has led to some v. v. wasted mornings, and I need to do stuff tomorrow - so I'm going to bed now for reals. Goodnight!

No comments: