Thursday, January 12, 2017

Google knows that I have arrived in Singapore. When I logged in to write this, it had a helpful tip: "Why not blog in Malay? With over 220 million speakers around the world, and a rapidly growing audience, Malay content could be the next opportunity to get you new readers. You can create a new account or use your existing AdSense account to monetize your Malay content. Get started now."

If you'd like me to blog in Malay, let me know! 220 million people is certainly more than the current audience of my blog....

sssanyway, I'm incredibly tired all of the sudden - likely because it's 10:47pm in California and 12:47am in Iowa, and I've been running on fumes for days. My flight from SF to Hong Kong to Singapore was surprisingly smooth - I got as much sleep on the SF->Hong Kong flight as I've ever gotten on an economy flight, and the food was pretty good and I was relatively comfortable. I did just a bit of work, but I mostly ignored the real world and daydreamed/slept/watched TV instead. The transit through Hong Kong was annoying, only because it just meant getting off the plane, having to go through a long security line, and then getting back on the same plane (which was cleaned in the interim) - but I got Starbucks, which was good.

Then I spent the flight from Hong Kong to Singapore watching 'Kingsman: the Secret Service', which was totally ridiculous (which means I liked it). And I've spent the past three hours in Singapore trying to stay awake, but also trying to relax and not let my jetlag convince me to spend $400 on moisturizer (but it's duty-free!), which has meant wandering around and sitting at a restaurant and listening to some British-type bros be broish (odds that they are on my flight to Bali: 82%).

But now I should go board, and go to Bali, and hopefully discover that my lodging for the next week is as good as it looks in the pictures and not some third-world nightmare (odds of that happening: insignificant, but not impossible). Goodnight!

No comments: