Friday, January 13, 2017

i'm burning for you

I am in Bali! And I'm exhausted enough that I feel like I'll be able to sleep for hours, which seems like a good thing since it's 11pm here - but I will probably wake up at three and continue my pattern of not dealing well with jetlag.

But all in all, the journey was as smooth as it could have been - I sat in Singapore for just slightly longer than I wanted, but my flights were all on time (unlike my DSM -> DEN -> SFO odyssey!), and Singapore Air remains waaaaay more comfortable, on all levels, to United. I had a moment in the airport on arrival where the customs guy seemed incredibly suspicious about the lining of one of my suitcases, and I was already having visions of becoming the next foreigner to be executed for smuggling when he packed everything back up and let me go. He didn't even look at all the vitamins I brought (which I thought might trigger something), so I don't know what was up with that. But if I'm going to write the next Bridget Jones, I'm still glad that I won't be ripping off the foreign prison part that she did in the second book.

But getting through all of that was smooth and relatively quick, and my driver was waiting outside immigration for me. It took a bit over an hour to get here from the airport, which wasn't bad - the traffic is like India's, but no one here honks, so it's not quite as nervewracking. And they welcomed me with a welcome drink and showed me to my room, which is great.

I'll tell you more about all of that tomorrow  - for now I need to sleep while sleep is willing to seize me. Goodnight!

No comments: