Tuesday, January 10, 2017

mama said there'd be days like this

Way too wrecked to blog - I left my home in Iowa feeling quite ready to seize the adventure, and said goodbye to my parents, and had no issues, and was upgraded to first, and everything seemed swell...Until a cascade of issues resulted in me being delayed by five and a half hours and not getting to Heather's until 12:45am (instead of 7:15, which obviously meant our hangout time was severely curtailed). We still stayed up and talked until two, but since that's four a.m. in the timezone I woke up in, I'm a little wiped out.

Perhaps I'll recount my woes some other time...The best thing that happened, though, was that I sat behind Simon Estes on my Des Moines flight, and his speaking voice is as gorgeous as anything you'd expect from a world famous opera baritone. He's almost eighty but was on his way to sing in San Diego and seemed much younger than eighty. Also, fun fact, he grew up in the town where my mom grew up and where my parents met!

But that's all you're getting - I need whatever sleep I can get, which I'll thoroughly enjoy since I'm in a bed and not squashed between two dudes (another time maybe that would be okay, but I hate sitting in middle seats and that was the only way to get to SF to tonight...And we sat on the tarmac for over an hour before we ever tlok off, and I couldnt get smashed on the wine they were quietly comping because I had to drive when I got here. Sacrifices.) Goodnight! 

No comments: