Monday, January 30, 2017

smooth operator

Today was shorter than I planned - I somehow didn't wake up until almost eleven, which was probably a good thing since I haven't been sleeping enough lately. I spent the afternoon working pretty steadily, despite my social media distractions; I also had a brief phone chat with Katie, which was way overdue, and I answered some emails and generally tried to connect with my network despite being thousands of miles and sixteen hours away.

But I slacked off at six, took a shower, and then had dinner with Clayton at Pacha Mama. Yes, we all keep going to the same three places - but Pacha Mama is so delicious, and also a three minute walk, so I have #noregrets. I branched out a bit today and got the tortilla de espaƱa, and it was incredible - perfect eggs with some great potatoes inside, topped with a zucchini 'chorizo' that was really just highly flavored/spiced zucchini. I also had the carrot tostadas, which I've had before, and Clayton got the buffalo cauliflower (cauliflower cooked in a spicy/sweet sauce like buffalo wings, which is amazingly delicious) and the nachos, which are also perfect. And I ordered red wine, and it was surprisingly good as well. So we sat around and talked for a couple of hours, and it was nice and relaxing and delicious all at once.

It's only 10:30, but I'm going to try to go to bed and reset myself to get up earlier - I have a massage in the afternoon (rough life), so I want to work in the morning, and that means not letting myself sleep until eleven again. Goodnight!

No comments: