Tuesday, January 31, 2017

so you used to shake 'em down, but now you stop and think about your dignity

Today didn't really go according to plan - I think it was the first day I had here where I felt really unproductive and was also unhappy about it. I woke up and spent way too much time online, and then I forced myself to write for a bit, but then I got distracted again. Also, I had plans for most of the afternoon - I'd booked a package at what's supposed to be one of the better spas in the area, so I was out of commission from a productivity standpoint all afternoon.

The spa was pretty good, all in all - my massage was good, and I also got a facial that was pretty delightful (except for the fact that the water she used to rinse after each product smelled like the mothballs that were everywhere in the bathrooms in India, which kind of put me off the treatment). But I ended up taking a subpar motorbike taxi ride back - I wasn't feeling real confident about the guy's driving, especially since it was drizzling and the road was slick, so I got him to drop me off at Elephant (thus avoiding having to go up a steep hill near the hotel). But while I was enjoying some coffee at Elephant, a downpour started, so I got stuck there (sans laptop) for far longer than I'd intended.

But I salvaged the night by coming home, making tea, and working for a few hours - no writing, but I sent some emails and dealt with some admin stuff. And now I'm going to sleep and hope that tomorrow is better - goodnight!

No comments: