Friday, February 10, 2017

only love can break your heart

I had a slow day - I didn't wake up hungover, exactly, but I didn't sleep well last night because I'd eaten so much that I basically had a food baby and had to pee like three times to relieve the pressure. So I woke up tired and lethargic, but still dreaming of dinner, so #noregrets.

I spent the day hanging around Roam - I wanted to get some work done, and I didn't want to exert too much effort, so that meant working on the roof and eating a smoothie for breakfast and nasi goreng for lunch (standard, really). I didn't get much writing done, but I got a lot of other work done, so I'll take it.

Part of the reason I stuck around here is because I had a friend coming into town - this girl Erin arrived this evening, and I wanted to be here when she got in. She's also a historical romance writer, approximately my age, and she's embarking on a few months of nomad travel - and when she started planning her trip (about a month after I did), she decided to start in Bali since I would be a familiar place and the hotel situation is a very easy soft landing. She got in tonight, just as a massive downpour happened - it had been rain-free all day, but suddenly it rained as hard as I've ever heard it, which made conversation impossible while we were sitting on the roof deck (we didn't get wet, but the sound of rain pounding the roof drowned out everything else for awhile).

But we had a glass of wine with Tamara and Xavier, and eventually Tamara, Sarah and I inducted Erin into the ways of Element (two-for-one cocktails from 1pm to 8pm, although Erin refrained and only had one). Then we came back and I said my almost-goodbyes to Alex and Sanj; I'll probably see them in the morning, but they're leaving tomorrow and I am sad about that.

But that's the way the nomad life goes, so I shall harden my heart, go to bed, and plan to get some real writing done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: