Wednesday, February 22, 2017

smoke on the water

Second-to-last night in Bali, and the last full night of sleep I'll get, so I should probably enjoy my bed while I can. I spent today working and taking care of business (where business = pleasure); I got up in time to be upstairs and working by 8:15, which is rare for me. But I spent the morning writing, while have a smoothie for breakfast (which turned into an ant apocalypse as they all swarmed my glass after I was done) and nasi goreng for lunch.

Then I took a motorbike taxi to Yoga Barn, where I had a 90-minute massage. The guy was really talented, and he also did a lot of stretching stuff with me, so my body felt great by the end. Then I had a late afternoon snack there while writing some more, and it was all feeling delightful, and I could have happily hermited out the rest of the day...

But instead, I came back here, showered, and then had a glass of wine on the roof with some people. Then, a few of us went out for dinner - we ended up at Hujan Locale, which is a v. trendy spot near Seniman Coffee. It's Indonesian fusion, and while my cocktail (an old-fashioned type) was good, I thought my risotto was a little bland (although adding the spicy sambal helped). We also joked about me burning my bridges with everyone here since it's my last couple of days - they can all apparently see the writing on the wall when it comes to my method of dealing with departures (pretend you're not leaving until the very end, then say something super awkward and disappear).

Tamara, Xavier, and Xiao all had to work after, but Talesh, Meg, Erin and I decided to grab a drink at Night Rooster (the place I went yesterday) since I'd talked it up so much, and it was #worthit. Then we came home, and now I need to sleep - I must do all the packing tomorrow, and get cash, and say goodbye to people, and write a bunch. Wish me luck with that - goodnight!

No comments: