Saturday, February 18, 2017

we got fun and games

Sorry for the late post - I was writing for the last three hours, and didn't feel like stopping until I hit the wall really hard and realized that this is approximately five hours after the bedtime that had been imposed by the lack of lights at the silent retreat.

So, as you can guess from that, today was good, but I'm trying to go hard after the book again since I have a serious deadline and am not as far along as I would like. I got up and tried a new place for breakfast/coffee - Juno's is super close by here, but it requires turning left instead of right when you leave my hotel, and I don't do that very often. It was great, though, and I spent several hours catching up on email and life tasks while drinking coffee and observing the world.

Then I came back here and procrastinated. But I broke the procrastination cycle and wrote some this afternoon (after buying some ointment for the very very many ant bites I've acquired), and then I virtuously skipped all fun plans and worked this evening. I did write at Element with a burger and a glass of wine (it's like a poor man's Des Amis, if you remember my love for that place)...and like Des Amis, I've made friends with the staff, which is a double-edged sword since they're friendly but they also tend to want to talk while I'm working.

But I got some good stuff done, and then I took a break when I got back here to hang out in the kitchen and talk to the people who had had fun tonight (I didn't miss much, although their food/drink options were much more varied than mine). Then I came upstairs and worked for three hours. And now I am desperate for sleep so I can do similar magical feats tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: