Thursday, March 09, 2017

i want to know, have you ever seen the rain

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record - you may be able to guess that today I mostly hung around the house and wrote. However, I also did laundry, and I took a break to have a cappuccino and a gluten free blueberry muffin at my favorite cafe (which happens to also be the closest cafe, but the fact that it has great coffee and mostly gluten free baked goods makes it a total winner). I spent a bit of time writing in my journal there, and it was pretty winning. Then I came back and worked until 6:30 or so.

But eventually I took a break to make tea and say goodbye to Dane (people leave all the time in this world; I also said goodbye to Malika today, but then replaced her with Nicole, because #lawofconservationoffriends). Then I had a tiny amount of whisky with Nicole and Sadek (Sadek rolled in with a bottle of Johnnie Walker gold label), and then eight of us went for a late dinner at a place called Big Easy, which pretends to be American. I had the lobster special, which was a 1lb lobster, fries, and a slushie alcoholic lemonade for £20. The place was entertaining, but we were seated literally two feet from the band (I couldn't push my chair back because it was up against the 'stage', which was an alcove the size of a closet), which defeated some attempts at conversation.

We got back around 10:30, and I procrastinated online until now, but I believe sleep is calling. Don't worry, though - my calendar is getting more interesting as I start to plan stuff, so these posts should get a bit more engaging (don't hold your breath, though). Goodnight!

No comments: