Wednesday, March 29, 2017

when you play me you play yourself

I'm still recovering from my overly-long trip to Lincoln, but today was pretty good despite that...although I didn't get up until after ten, which was perhaps excessive. But I got some good writing in, and I went grocery shopping, and I did some more writing, and I had some breakthroughs, etc., etc.

I should have kept working all night, but I made the mistake of going down for community dinner - and then I stayed at community dinner for five hours because #fomo (and #wine). It started off low-key and I ate a lot of halloumi (it was Greek night and I don't think halloumi is Greek, but I like it anyway), but then things went off the rails and I ended up watching Strong Michael mimic kicking someone's beating heart on the floor, which seems like a good way to end a night. I also tentatively said goodbye to Mari the Japanese viola player (saying goodbye is still the worst), told some guy I don't like all that much that he knew nothing because he mistook the Queen for the Queen Mother (how dare he?! commoner.),  and exchanged many knowing looks with Amanda, who is still in the first blush of youth (she was a freshman at Boston U during the Boston Marathon bombing, if that tells you anything), but who seems to find all the same things ridiculous.

So it was all delightful, but I need to sleep so I can write and go to museums tomorrow.

Also, side note, while hashtagging above, I accidentally discovered that the @ symbol can tag someone on Google+ (remember that product?). So I'm tagging +Vidya Chander to see what happens. Goodnight!

2 comments:

riturani said...

Ohmy @vidya@

vidya said...

sad. I just saw this, based on seeing my name in the comments section