Friday, April 28, 2017

honey i'm good

I have to go to bed immediately...I made it to my 7:30am breakfast only fifteen minutes late, but over half the group was later than me, so #noregrets. The food and company were great - we went to Blue's Egg, and I had some delish hashbrowns and poached eggs. After we were done, I ran errands for several hours - my errand to Nordstrom (an overly complicated return because of some weirdness with the way the product was tagged + me wanting to keep the 'wrong' product but get the correct lower price for it) took three people twenty minutes to resolve. But they were all entertaining, and we had a great time failing to understand how the issue happened. Then I bought more stuff at the mall and also went to Container Store to get stuff for my table tomorrow.

Then I went to Walmart and realized belatedly that I should have gone to Target - I was in southern Iowa mode, where Walmart is the closest thing, so I defaulted to that. But when I was checking out, the chip reader declined both my credit cards and my debit card before the clerk finally realized that maybe the issue was with her machine and not with my cards. Her supervisor said there was nothing that could be done unless I wanted to pay cash. Since I had 20+ items and the other lines were all long, I dashed over to the ATM machine to get cash, which required navigating around someone who had collapsed and was being attended to by paramedics. #peopleofwalmart indeed.

sssanyway. The rest of the day is a blur and I need to sleep anyway, so, briefly - I took my rental car back, hung out, had a few precious moments to myself, had dinner with the other authors (and won a cheesehead!), and then did the Q&A, which involved sitting for two hours so that I could have my 90sec in the spotlight like all the other writers (we each introduced ourselves and answered one question). It was fun and went well, but then I should have crashed after and instead hung out in the bar with Deb and Josie (without drinking, bizarrely enough). And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: