Monday, May 29, 2017

bienvenido a miami

Nothing exciting to note today...it's a holiday for those of you with regularly-scheduled jobs, but I'm desperately in need of some working time. Of course, that didn't actually succeed in getting me out of bed before ten a.m., but eventually I was quite productive. I spent the early afternoon journaling/planning, and then I spent approximately five hours this afternoon/evening working on tax stuff - I'd deferred my taxes since I was out of the country and didn't have all my documents in time to file in April, and now I need to actually deal with it. Of course, since I was a lazy asshole and didn't really deal with receipts for most of last year, this is a traumatic and harrowing (and by that I mean boring, repetitive, and eyestrain-inducing) experience.

But five hours of progress is better than nothing, and was sufficient to reconcile everything that was on my credit card statements for the past twelve months (luckily my memory is still up to par and I can either remember based on the name of the restaurant/store/whatever what I was doing, or my calendar can tell me). I still have at least five hours of work to go, but that was a solid stint.

And then I stopped working around eight, ate some leftovers, and read a book until now - "All We Wanted Is Everything", which is incredibly depressing and not particularly interesting yet, but we'll see how it pans out. And now I want to sleep and finally try to get on the proper timezone - goodnight!

No comments: