Thursday, May 04, 2017

games continued

It's my last night at my writing retreat, and I am definitely, 100% not ready to go. This house has been perfect - it's right on the ocean, which means we've spent every night by the firepit, snacking around the flames because it was too wonderfully decadent at home to bother going out for dinner.  Our days have fallen into an easy rhythm of working or walking in the morning, going out for lunch (today we went to South of Nick's, which was totally perfect Mexican with portions so big that I brought half back for dinner), and then writing all afternoon and talking/gossipping all evening.

So, I'm feeling in the story groove here, and I'm also enjoying the endlessly crashing waves of the Pacific - but it's time to go off to my next adventure. Today was all good - I got more sleep than I have been, since I forced myself to stay in bed until 9:30, and then we had the aforementioned lunch. In the afternoon, I did a bit of writing, and I also recorded a podcast with Rachael, and I also talked to Terry. And then we spent the evening in delightfully desultory conversation - catching up with other writers is good for the soul.

But now it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: